: Ex. 6, Perl CGI Script
A sample database file containing student names, ID numbers and marks is provided.
- Produce an interface which allows access via CGI to the provided marks and
the student's name when given the student ID# (details below).
- Your interface will need to have a text entry box for the user to type in
the ID of the student whose marks are being retrieved.
has been made before it sends the entered number to the CGI script (i.e. it
needs to be a numerical value of 8 digits).
- The CGI script will take the entry and check to see that it's a valid ID.
- It will print an appropriate and informative error message if the ID is
not in the database.
- It will print the student's:
- ID number
- mark out of forty
- mark as an integer-valued percentage (no floating point values)
... in a neat table on a synthesized HTML document if the ID is
in the database.
- Solve these problems by building:
- an online form
- a CGI script in Perl which synthesizes the HTML document or error message
Alan Dorin & Jon McCormack 1999,2000