I am a Senior Lecturer at the Faculty of Information Technology, Caulfield Campus, Monash University, leading the Modelling, Optimisation and Visualisation research flagship. I am also a member of the Decision Sciences Group at Data61.
My research focuses on architecture and implementation techniques for constraint programming systems. I lead the development of version 2 of the MiniZinc constraint modelling language and toolchain. I am also one of the main developers of Gecode, an open, free, portable, accessible, and efficient constraint programming library.
My doctoral dissertation won the 2010 Doctoral Research Award of the Association for Constraint Programming (award citation).
My broader research interests include programming languages, virtual machines, combinatorial optimisation, and computational logic.
Conference and Workshop Activities
- Conference chair, CP/ICLP/SAT 2017, Melbourne, Australia, August 2017
- PC member, IJCAI 2017, Melbourne, Australia, August 2017
- PC member, CP 2015, Cork, Ireland, August 2015.
- Senior PC member, IJCAI 2015, Buenos Aires, July 2015.
- PC member, MetaSel 2015, Porto, Portugal, September 2015.
- PC member, CP 2014, Lyon, France, September 2014.
- PC member, ECAI 2014, Prague, Czech Republic, August 2014.
- Publicity Chair and PC member, CP 2013, Uppsala, Sweden, September 2013.
- PC member, IJCAI 2013, Beijing, China, August 2013.
- PC member, AAAI 2013, Bellevue, Washington, USA, July 2013.
- Co-organizer, TRICS 2013, Uppsala, Sweden, September 2013.
- Co-organizer, Workshop on Parallel Methods for Combinatorial Search & Optimization, Yorktown Heights, NY, USA, May 2013.
- Co-organizer, CoCoMiLe 2012, Workshop on COmbining COnstraint solving with MIning and LEarning at ECAI, Montpellier, France, August 2012.
- PC member, CP 2012, Québec City, Canada, October 2012.
- PC member, CICLOPS 2012, Budapest, Hungary, September 2012.
- Co-chair, Doctoral Program at CP 2011, Perugia, Italy, September 2011.
- PC member, CP 2011, Perugia, Italy, September 2011.
- Co-organizer, MiniZinc Workshop at CP 2011, Perugia, Italy, September 2011.
- PC member, Workshop on Hybrid Methods for Nonlinear Combinatorial Optimization Problems at CPAIOR 2011, Berlin, Germany, May 2011.
- PC member, AAAI 2011, San Francisco, California, USA, August 2011.
- Co-organizer, TRICS 2010 at CP 2010, St Andrews, UK, September 2010.
From 2014-2016 I was an elected member of the Executive Committe of the Association for Constraint Programming.
Monash University, Caulfield School of IT
Level 6, Building H, 900 Dandenong Road
Caulfield East, VIC 3145, Australia
As above, room 6.40
Phone: +61 3 9903 1214
Fax: +61 3 9903 1077